Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stripes 2.0

Over at the Diva's blog, the challenge this week is to use stripes as a string.  I have used this several times since the challenge was first posted last year.  Using stripes can be fun and makes for a good visual.  This time, I made my design large, I used an 8" square piece of watercolor paper and added red as a pop of color.

I added the challenge of red just to see what I could do with it, use it more as an accent rather than just drawing my patterns in red.  In all it came out pretty good I think.

Thanks to the Diva for another great challenge.  I'm sticking to a short post this week as we are looking at Hurricane Sandy to start effecting us soon and I wanted to get this out before we lost power.  Luckily, we are inland.  Water and wind will still be of concern, but we won't have to contend with the storm surge.

Stay safe everyone and have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. ha! i love it! so many great patterns - this could be a sampler :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. I love your pattern choices and the use of red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. The red makes it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination Black, White and Red. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the combination of red, black and white and also the combination of patterns used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't really played with colors too much with my tangles, as I really love the black/white look. But I like the little bit of red here. Maybe I will have to try some color next time.

    ReplyDelete