Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Zendala: It's webtastic!

It is fall here in Delaware.  The nights are cold and the days are cooler.  The leaves have started to change.  It's a good time.  This week at the Bright Owl, the zendala challenge is a Halloween/Fall theme.  I was all excited as I eventually want to have a zendala themed for each season.  However, as Zentangle often goes, this zendala didn't turn out the way I thought it would.  Rather than fall, I have Halloween zendala.  I really like it though.

Halloween Zentangle
I started this zendala on an 8X8" piece of watercolor paper.  I then took an AquaStic in orange and colored the background orange.  I kept the color uneven and unplanned.  I thought of the outer ovals as the eyes of a mask.  I even started to blacken them all in but I thought that all of them being black would be too much.  I added Verve and Allium to the center to mimic a spooky eye.  Afterglo and Web came eaily at the larger triangle spots.  After that however, I was stuck.  I had this large shape in the middle and could not think of what to fill the space with.  This morning Auraknot jumped up and said "Use ME!" so I did, bringing Web back to the center to tie it back to the edges.  The shading really added to the dimension in this one.

I hope you all have a wonderful fall and Halloween.  As of today, my sons want to be a Teenage Mutaint Ninja Turtle and a Korean Pop star.  Funny that the turtle costume will be the easiest to do...

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the orange splash for the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat the way you did the center - all hybrid? And all other tangles are great together! Well done. I also really like your orange splash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! The center is Auraknot and web. I've never done an Auraknot so large before and with so many points. It was fun.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the others, I love the orange/yellow splash. I like the whole zendala!

    ReplyDelete