Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2012

Nosegay Zendala

This week the template at The Bright Owl was a doozy for me.  At first I was totally stumped on what to do with all those circles and half circles.  I almost skipped this one but I stopped myself.  Then I decided to just jump in and do something rather than sit and look at the outlines anymore.  Sometimes just starting is my biggest stumbling block.  But you can't finish if you never start, so I bit the bullet and put pen to paper.


After making 12 different choices on a test page, I opted to start with Arc Flower.  Then I decided that rather than filling the lower circles with tangles, I would give lines a try.  As I went along, I decided that the result looked rather like nosegays.  Then I needed to choose another flower for the other 6 circles.  I just made one up after a few doodles.  I say that I made it up, but it very well may already be a design already.  I then drew lines to make the nosegay "holder" for that flower.  I decided to just shade the spaces between rather than making it too busy.

I like this one but it seems a little unfinished to me.  It must be however, as I can't think of anything else to do to the design.

Thanks Erin, for this week's template.  It was a challenge for me all right.  I had to stretch my mind for this one and I'm glad that I did.

4 comments:

  1. A lot of us had trouble starting this dare. So you're not alone in this.
    And .... it turned out very beautiful.

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nosegays! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool results with all those hypnotizing lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out great and it doesn't look a bit unfinished. Your line work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete