Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Gift Zendala

This week I must have had Christmas on my mind.  I have been working on ornaments for the up coming craft show that I will be in so maybe that's why.  Anyway, this week Erin has given us rectangles in a circle.  I was unsure what I was going to do and was clicking through a few entries when I came to Maria Copetas beautiful zendala.  Someone commented how her designs looked like gifts and I had my idea.

I used red and green micron pens and pencil shading on this one.  I kept the shading to a minimum, just separating the layers and not shading the patterns.  Wrapping paper doesn't usually have much dimension so I didn't feel the need to shad much.

This was another fun challenge.  I've started looking forward to Friday's and a new zendala.  Thanks Erin for another great one!

7 comments:

  1. Nice choise of tangles. Like to use your wrapping paper :-)

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas inspired Zendala! Great choice of tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the Christmas colors--so cheery for mid (late! Ugh!) July! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with this challenge. As soon as I saw it my mind went immediately to making gift cards or tags like these. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love the packages - I bet they have pens, tiles and zentangle supplies, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice - i like that you repeated the boxes - pretty linework and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh color lines of beauty! I think your contrasting patterns and colors are expertly done!

    ReplyDelete