Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Floral Zendala

When I started this week's zendala dare, flowers were not on my mind.  Yet, that is where I ended up.  A few dares back, I used Hi-C's in the center of my zendala and wanted to use it again.  To me, when Hi-C's is turned outward rather than inward, it looks like a lily.  Now that I have this big lily in the center, I wanted to keep up with flowers and nature.

I used a variation of Versa and opted to fill in the space because I was in the mood for some black.  The other side is Fife.  I wanted there to still be black behind the pattern, but I wanted some contrast to the Versa.  Around the boarder is my variation on Chainlea by Norma Burnell.  When I get a moment, I'll step it out for anyone who may like to see it.  I couldn't think of a pattern that I wanted to use in the open spaces so I took that as a sign that I should leave it as is.

This post is short as my boys keep coming in here to see if I'm finished with the computer yet.  Plus, I need to get working on this week's Diva challenge also brought to us by the wonderful Erin.

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I like the open space in this one. Does the center part have a name? It's gorgeoous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The center is HiC's. Rather than the squares facing inward as the step out shows, they are all facing outward. HiC's is a really versital and lovely tangle.

      Delete
  2. This is lovely. You are right, you're HiC's in the middle look completely different to mine. Yours seem to have some depth to them. Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stunning! I am going to try HiC's facing in another direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, flowers are springing up everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really looks like summer! Love the middle part.

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Beautiful!! Love this!! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete