Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

Auraknot Challenge

At last!  I am back to the Diva's Challenge.  I have been too busy to finish or do the challenge for a little bit now and I am glad to be back at it.

Auraknot.  I must confess, I was intimidated by this tangle pattern.  It has so many steps and looks so complicated but I am glad I bit the bullet and tried it for this challenge.  I have to say, I found it MUCH easier than it looks.  I must also confess, that my star shape was traced from a cookie cutter.  A big part of my fear of this pattern is the beginning outline.  Starting with the outline done really helped me a lot.  I think that I can do it without one next time.

Now that my confessions are over, I have to say that I am looking forward to using this again.  I think that Auraknot will be a lot of fun to use.  Creating this tile went quickly, aside from kid interruptions that is.
This one was done on a 6"X6" watercolor paper square.  I found these at Dick Blick on Sunday and I HAD to buy some.  I am not good a cutting a straight line so finding these was very exciting.  They also have them in 8"X8" size.  Whoo Hoo!  The final size is more around 4" though.  I want to take it and see if I can find frames and mats that these would fit into.

After getting Auraknot finished, I added the tangles around the out side.  Please ignore the tangle on the lower right.  It was to be one tangle but I messed it up so horribly, that i just had to flub my way through.  It doesn't look too bad but still...

Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see what everyone else has done!

14 comments:

  1. The auraknot is waving in a bed of beautiful tangle patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in total awe here. How utterly beautiful this is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, the Auraknot looks like it hoovers above the other tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the wavy lines in your auraknot! It makes it so much more visually interesting! I love the tangles you surrounded it with. It sure does look frameable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you; this tangle looks very impressibe when you first see it. You made a beatiful tile after that!

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I love this one, it's so steady! love 'n greetz, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great background! Lovely tangling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this example, both the auraknot and the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to find some bigger paper, too - thanks for reminding me. Maybe Michael's will have some. I love your auraknot, even if you did cheat (LOL) - I had lots of trouble drawing my outlines, too - if I had had something to trace, I would have! Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your aura knot, and the tangle that you're concerned about is fabulous, don't sweat it. You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The whole thing looks great. You do beautiful lines or auras, or whatever I'm supposed to call them. They are equidistant and absolutely parallel to each other. Great tangles on the outside too. Makes the central tangle stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great and the tangle in the right corner was 'flubbed' beautifully! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous job with the challenge! You did a great job working with auraknot! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete