Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Drawing Day 2012

Last year I found out about Drawing Day and participated.  Luckily, I followed them on Twitter because that is how I was reminded about it again  this year.  I got my drawing done just in time to say I did it on Drawing Day but I failed to get it submitted in time to make it into the book.  No matter, I made it into last years book.

9X12 on watercolor paper drawn with Micron pen.
For this, I started with three circles and then added a string around them to divide the space.  After I added Knase to the upper right corner, I decided that I wanted to have black in the corners to give the edges some definition.  Hollibaugh was a natural choice to carry that down.  Knightsbridge and Crescent Moon, gave the same feeling but not quite as dark.

I am really pleased with how this one came out.  It was a very enjoyable way to spend a Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Arrgghh! I missed it this year! R
    I really like your contribution, particularly the corner Knightsbridge and the St. John's Cross beside it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pitty you you were late this year. It is a beautiful zia, that's for sure. Dark corners are great.

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete