Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Zendala Challenge

I'm a little late to the Zendala party that Erin is hosting over at The Bright Owl but I am glad I found my way there.  The Zentangle community is awash with Zendalas these days and everyone of them is incredible!  I have done a few and I have to say that I love them.  I'm always keeping my eye out for a new pattern to use.  I am NOT geometry inclined so creating my own is out. Thanks to Erin and her challenge, I can find a new pattern every week!

So, I am starting this challenge at week 4 and it comes with not just a pattern, but the added challenge of using the themes of sea and Mexico as well.  Erin is on a vacation cruise in Mexico so you can see where her inspiration came from.  (Totes jealous BTW).  So, let's jump right to it!

Bic Mark-It markers on Mini Canvas Panel
When I looked at the pattern, all I could see were surf boards.  The challenge of sea fit this nicely but then I wasn't sure how I was going to make surf boards.  All I could think of were flowers, so I chose some bright colors and went for it.  I'm not sure how "Mexico" this is though.  It seems a bit more Hawaii.

Thanks for taking a look!  I hope you are/had a great time on your trip Erin.  Thanks for the challenge.

13 comments:

  1. Nice tile! I think that Mexico and Hawaii have a similiar ocean feel because you can surf on the oceans in both places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ, it's funny that you say that the template reminds you of surfboards because I thought the same thing. I love the feel of your tile and especially like that you just accented with color. The black really makes the color stand out. Awesome Zendala!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was a lot of fun to do. Thanks for all of your work on the challenge.

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty. I love the colors. It really makes me think of surfboards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I see those surfboards, too. LOL Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surfboards - great idea! And these are soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and execution! Love your use of color also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The surfboards are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first thought was surfboards also! Nice art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. funny! i made that same comment - surfboards just jumped out at me! i like the bright colors! and i like the way the water mimics the flowers :) . is this drawn on canvas? i haven't tried that yet - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am giggling, because I made my tile before I checked out everyone else's and if you look at my blog, I saw the surfboards right off the bat, too! I love your bright colors, you were able to show the surf boards very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love them! I saw the surfboards too. And this was a fun challenge. I was late in posting mine. But looking forward to participating in the challenges to come. And enjoying meeting others too!

    ReplyDelete