Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Trying on a new size

A long time ago I picked up some artist trading cards at the craft store.  At the time I didn't know what they were.  I just thought the little 2 ½ X 3 ½ inches cards were cute.  They also come in a variety of papers so I thought it would be a great way to try out paper without a big investment.  Last week I tucked a package into my purse along with a micron.  My thinking was that I could pull them out at work when/if I get caught up and need something to keep busy.  I am interrupted often at work so an ATC is great.  A smaller size gives me smaller sections to work on, so I can fill them quicker and not worry about forgetting where I was.

So far I have finished one and am halfway through another.  I love these little tiles because they are a great way to practice patterns, or try out new ideas.  I know people trade these with each other but I have no idea where.  If you would like to trade or can advise me where to post for trading, I would love to know!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, that's a very lovely atc. I belong to a trading group. You can find us here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FineArtsATC/ It's not just for zentangle inspired art, but hand drawn cards (atcs and posctards) in general. It's a friendly place. No swaps, just one on one trading. If you decide to join, Judy will ask you for a sample of your work, just send her the link to this blog. Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Thanks for letting me know. I will check it out tonight.

      Delete
  2. i bought some of the ATC tiles, also. haven't worked on one yet, maybe you will inspire me to dig them out and get to work :) you have a couple patterns here i haven't seen before. i really like the lined pattern just above the flower and the "suns" above that. don't recognize those - i will try to work on those tonight for awhile! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They lined pattern is Baton and the steps are on Tangle patterns.com. The "suns" are just a little doodle I made to fill the space. Is is just a 3 line arc that has a zigzag in it. :) I can't wait to see what you think about the ATC tiles.

      Delete
  3. Here is another site that you might want to check out. We do swaps and one to one trades.......the coice is yours. There is also a lot of helpful information and a caring and supportive community. I think that you will like the fact that there all all sorts of things to do and see. Here is the url:

    http://lineweaving.com/forums/index.php

    Tell Cindy that I sent ya',
    oxo,
    Wally the Swamp Rat

    ReplyDelete