Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

Cabbage Rose Zendala

It is always amazing to me how Erin creates a template for the challenge each week and how different each person's work comes out.  This week, my zendala became a flower.  At first I wanted to make it into a budding peony but it came out more cabbage.  I'm calling it a cabbage rose.  It might be pushing it to add rose, but I'll see how far I can take it.  :)

This is a really simple zendala for me.  The tangle choices are few but this one didn't want to have a lot going on in it.  I really like it and the shading makes it interesting for me.

Not a lot to write this week as I have a FULL plate at the moment.  Lucky for you all.
Patterns: Fescu and Ixorus
One last thing, I finished shading the Sheriff's Zendala from last week's challenge.  Rather than update the original post, I'll just tack it on here.
Happy Memorial Day!  Have a great week.

8 comments:

  1. This zendala has a lot of depth. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Fescu! It really adds something special. Great zendala!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving all the simple lines and the ixorus center. Great zendala.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both tiles are lovely. Simple and eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both of these, but particularly the star. It is beautiful in it's simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely looks like a rose :)..beautiful whichever way one looks at it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are both wonderful :). it definitely looks like a rose to me :) and i like the shading on your second. gotta say that center part looks like the cylinder of a revolver pointing at me - retired cop and all that i am had to notice that - haha! i love it!

    ReplyDelete