Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sunflower!

To honor The Sunflower Fund, the challenge this week from the Diva was to draw a sunflower.  The Sunflower Fund to support the South African Bone Marrow registry.  This is a great cause and we should have something similar here in the USA.  Maybe we do and I don't know about it.  My Mother died of acute myelogenous leukemia in 2007.  She battled to beat the disease so that she could get a bone marrow transplant but unfortunately, was unable to get to that point.  As soon as I heard that she may need a transplant I was ready to get tested to see if I might be a match.  My Uncle had already volunteered to be tested and was found to be a match.  He did this without being asked.  This makes him my hero, I guess I should tell him that huh?  I think that those who have volunteered to join the registry in ANY country is a hero.  I want to say thank you.

Now, on to my challenge tile.  I copied the Sunflower Fund sunflower and used it as a template for my tile.  I REALLY love Laura's sunflower that she tangled.  It is stunning.  I wanted to draw one just like hers.  But, after a bit of brainstorming, I figured out which tangles I wanted to use.  Drawing this tile went quite quickly for me.  I have gotten really bad at tanking my time while tangling.  I take a lot of breaks, sure, but when drawing, I just move slow.  It was nice to get this one done at such a quick pace.

I used a micron for the drawing and a yellow colored pencil for the well, yellow.  I opted to shade the outside of the sunflower and skip any shading on the tangles.  I may go back and add some, but for now I like it as it is.  I may do a few more of these this week and if I do, I'll add them.

Thanks for taking a look and visiting my blog.  Say Hi sometimes.  :)

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, I think the pattern petals is fab and i love the centre. The yellow and black works really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just like a piece of jewellery! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and I like the shading on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of color..sunflowers are just meant to be bright aren't they!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like how you did the center. Very beautiful adding the yellow color.

    ReplyDelete