Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Love is All You Need

The challenge from the Diva this week was about love.  Love overcoming Hate.  Something that I wish that could prevail more often in this world.  Some days it seems like people work so hard to hate and tear each other down.  Imagine what the human race could do if all that energy was used to find common ground and build one another up.  I should think that what we could do as a people would be pretty amazing indeed.

This challenge found me with a lack of imagination but I did try.  My first tile didn't come out as I had imagined it would.  About halfway through I almost abandoned it but kept going.
Love, Love, Love, Love

In the end I liked parts of the tile but as a whole I wasn't happy with it so I tried again.

This time I drew out the word love and went from there.  It might be a bit busy, but I do like it better.  In this one the shading makes all the difference.  Before the shading, the word and the background was all a jumble to my eye.  As soon as I started adding the pencil for shading however, they started to break apart.

L-O-V-E
The V is inspired by the Missoni for Target ads that are all over the place.  I confess that I don't get all the excitement, but the pattern is certainly hard to ignore.


6 comments:

  1. I, too, had noticed those ads. Nice representation. Both are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I actually like the top one better - I like the separation of the 4 hearts. The word tile is a bit busy for me but I love the addition of the red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful but the top has more appeal for me. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you didn't abandon your first effort, because both that one and the second one turned out so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 2nd one especially is bubbling over with love!

    ReplyDelete